OceanTools D10 DyeTector®
The D 10 DyeTector is an advanced subsea leak and dye detector developed by OceanTools to detect Rhodamine, Fluorescein and Ultraviolet dyes using a single compact ROV mounted device.
The ROV mounted D 10 DyeTector has three sets of optical components, configured to detect the three primary dyes used for underwater detection Rhodamine such as C Dye 530 Fluorescein, and Ultraviolet such as C Dye 370 One set of optics is activated at a time, so that rhodamine, fluorescein or ultraviolet dyes can be detected in isolation.
High intensity LED light is focused through lenses and filters to create a concentrated beam that is tuned to a specific wavelength to cause maximum molecular agitation and fluorescence of the dye A sophisticated optical multiplier employs light amplification technology to detect fluorescence from the agitated dye molecules Advanced detection electronics convert the measurements to digital data.
The powerful DyeTector technology is capable of detecting single photons of light It can detect down to single digit parts per billion of dye dissolved in water and is approximately one hundred times more sensitive than the human eye This makes it ideal for detecting the very smallest of leaks or traces of dye dosed cement.
Detection can be carried out at a safe working distance Advanced ambient light suppression technology allows the DyeTector to be used in high levels of background light and also means the ROV’s lights do not need to be turned off.
The DyeTector is machined from aviation grade titanium and sapphire glass to give it a standard depth rating of 4000 metres Simple and intuitive DyeTection software is used to select the required dye detection optics, display detection data at the surface, and record data for future analysis.
Features and Benefits of the D8 DyeTector®
- Rhodamine, Fluorescein and Ultraviolet dye detection
- Focused beam and filtered high intensity LEDs
- Light amplification and photon detection technology
- Compact alternative to using separate detectors
- Target dye: Rhodamine / Fluorescein / Ultraviolet
- Excitation wavelength: 520-530nm / 450-460nm / 360-370nm
- Detection wavelength: 570-590nm / 510-520nm / 410-450nm
- Detection range: Up to 10m
- Input voltage: 18-36VDC
- Maximum current: 1A @ 24VDC
- Data communications: RS232 / RS485
- Standard connector: Glenair G5506 1508
- Depth rating: 4000m
- Housing material: Titanium
- Window material: Sapphire Glass
- Length ( excl connector): 155mm
- Maximum diameter: 101mm
- Weight in air: 3.1kg
- Weight in water: 1.8kg