Webtool CRT200T – Cable Retrieval Tool
Retrieving cable and umbilical subsea can be a difficult, time consuming task. The CRT200T cable and retrieval tool developed by Webtool provides a quicker and safer controlled recovery of damaged cables up to 8” (203 mm) diameter.
It is the first Cable Retrieval Tool developed in consultation with international certification body and classification society, DNV GL.
The Webtool Cable Retrieval Tool (CRT200T), given design verification by international certification body and classification society, DNV GL, allows the safe and controlled recovery of subsea umbilical and cable for offshore oil & gas, and decommissioning projects, up to 8” (203 mm) diameter.
- With a lifting capacity of 20 tonnes, the torque tool operated Webtool CRT200T gripper can be used at any water depth.
- Streamlined cable recovery – the CRT200T gripper, guided by an ROV, is lowered onto the end of the cable without requiring preliminary clearing of the soil around the cable.
- Mechanically locked gripping action ensures the umbilical / cable cannot escape during retrieval; moreover, an internal clutch mechanism prevents damage from over-tightening.
- Gripping the end of the cable makes subsequent handling much easier. This enables the cable to be recovered to a reeler or spooler on the surface vessel.
- Suitable for lifting cables and umbilicals.
In addition to the CRT200T gripper, we have available a range of cable cutters in our rental pool.