EdgeTech 6205 – Combined Bathymetry, Side Scan Sonar
The 6205 utilizes EdgeTech’s next generation bathymetric technology to provide an enhanced and fully integrated, swath bathymetry and dual frequency side scan sonar system. The 6205, a Multi Phase Echo Sounder (MPES) produces real-time, high resolution, three dimensional (3D) maps of the seafloor while providing co-registered simultaneous dual frequency side scan imagery.
Building on the success of the popular 6205 system, EdgeTech has redesigned the 6205s in a smaller, lighter package with additional features and functions that are sure to make on-water survey operations even more effective and efficient. The 6205s is the only bathymetry system to now offer EdgeTech’s motion tolerant side scan sonar feature for operation in more adverse weather conditions. The system is equipped with high-resolution, shallow-water- optimized, frequency pairs; a new sonar shell incorporating a universal mating flange for submersible motion sensors; as well as updated Discover Bathy software.
- Next Generation EdgeTech Bathymetric technology
- Unrivaled swath coverage in shallow water when compared to other single head systems
- Co-registered dual frequency side scan and single frequency bathymetry with full nadir coverage
- Superior multipath rejection
- IHO SP-44 Special Order compliant
- Swath sectors of up to 200°
- Equidistant and Equiangle output options
- EdgeTech’s Discover Bathymetric Sonar Control Software
- Motion Tolerant Side Scan
- Universal MRU mounting plate