R2Sonic 2024 Multibeam Echosounder
The R2Sonic 2024 is the world’s first proven wideband high resolution shallow water multibeam echo sounder.
The R2Sonic 2024 is the world’s first proven wideband high resolution shallow water multibeam echo sounder. With proven results and unmatched performance, the Sonic 2024 produces reliable and remarkably clean data with maximum user flexibility through all range settings to 500m.
With over 20 selectable operating frequencies to choose from 200 to 400 kHz, the user has unparalleled flexibility in trading off resolution and range and controlling interference from other active acoustic systems.
The Sonic 2024 provides variable swath coverage selections from 10 deg to 160 deg as well as ability to rotate the swath sector. Both the frequency and swath coverage may be selected on-the-fly, in real-time during survey operations.
More technical information: https://www.r2sonic.com/products/sonic-2024/
- High resolution: 0.3⁰ x 0.6⁰ at 700 kHz
- Low power consumption for performances: 50 Wavg
- Optional 6000 m immersion depth rated
- Ultra High Density (UHD): 1024 soundings per ping
- Selectable operating frequencies ‘on-the-fly’ in steps of 1 Hz
- Ability to rotate the swath sector ‘on-the-fly’
- Free firmware updates can be done remotely by end users
- Low power consumption for the performance delivered
- Light & compact
- Synchronization of multiple heads
- User-friendly, simple and easy to learn controller interface
- Clean and small data files which require minimum data processing time
- Options upgradable remotely
- Embedded processor / controller in the sonar head that enables fast and powerful computation at low power (no separate topside processor)
- 3-year warranty
- Training delivered by experts