OceanTools D8 DyeTector®
An advanced subsea leak, dye and cement detector developed with two sets of optical components to detect two different types of dye using a single compact device.
Innova have now included OceanTools D8 Dual Channel Subsea dye detection system in our rental pool.
The D8 DyeTector® is an advanced subsea leak, dye and cement detector developed with two sets of optical components to detect two different types of dye using a single compact device.
A DyeTector may be used to detect leaks from subsea infrastructure such as manifolds, wellheads or pipelines if a suitable dye has been added to the infrastructure fluids. A DyeTector may also be used during casing cementing operations to detect cement returns if a tracer dye is added to either the seawater spacer or to the cement itself.
Acknowledging environmental responsibilities needs to be taken seriously, OceanTools have worked with a leading supplier of offshore chemicals to develop dyes with very low environmental impact.
Features and Benefits of the D8 DyeTector®
- Rhodamine and Ultraviolet dye detection
- Focused beam and filtered high intensity LEDs
- Light amplification and photon detection technology
- Compact alternative to using separate detectors
- 4000 m standard depth rating
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Target dye: Rhodamine or Ultraviolet
- Excitation wavelength: 520–530 nm (Rhodamine) / 360–370 nm (Ultraviolet)
- Detection wavelength: 570–590 nm (Rhodamine) / 410–450 nm (Ultraviolet)
- Detection range: Up to 10 m
- Input voltage: 18–36 VDC
- Maximum current: 1 A @ 24 VDC
- Data communications: RS232 / RS485
- Standard connector: Glenair G5507-1508
- Depth rating: 4000 m
- Housing material: Titanium
- Window material: Sapphire Glass
- Length (excl. connector): 175 mm
- Maximum diameter: 98 mm
- Weight in air: 3.4 kg
- Weight in water: 2.2 kg