Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable
The Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable thickness gauge has been specifically designed to be mounted onto small observation ROVs with or without a manipulator facility.
Send a product request
Built in conjunction with VideoRay, this mountable subsea thickness gage will allow the operator to carry out an ultrasonic thickness measurement in areas that have previously been unfeasible using larger ROVs or divers. The multiple echo thickness gage measures metal thickness and corrosion without removing protective coatings.
Dedicated software displays the time, date and thickness readings on the surface which can all be stored or logged. Alternatively, an optional Topside Repeater (TSR) is available which has the facility to display the thickness measurements remotely and overlay them on to a video signal. This allows the measurements to be superimposed on the ROV camera’s monitor screen.
The unit is pressure tested to 1,500 ft (500 m)
- Designed specifically to mount onto small observation ROV’s.
- Supplied with *CygLink software to display and log thickness measurements from the ROV on a computer at the surface which can be saved to a file and printed out.
- CygLink has two data logging facilities: Quick Log for simple recording of thickness measurements and structured mode with four templates available – Single Point, Multi Point, Grid Point and Key Point.
- Easy calibration at the surface via CygLink software or Top Side Repeater (TSR) unit.
- Optional dedicated probe holder to allow measurements on curved or flat surfaces.
- Only one twisted pair is required to transfer the data to the surface
|Materials||Sound velocities between 1000 m/s and 9995 m/s|
|Measurement Range in Steel||0.110″ – 9.995″ (3 mm – 250 mm) with 2.25 MHz probe
0.065″ – 6.000″ (2 mm – 150 mm) with 3.5 MHz probe
0.045″ – 4.000″ (1 mm – 50 mm) with 5.0 MHz probe
|Accuracy||0.005″ (0.1 mm) when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedures|
|Resolution||0.002″ (0.05 mm)|
|Power||7.0 – 30 V dc @ 150 mA (max)|
|Display||PC or Laptop with VGA (not included)|
|Size||6.299″ x 2.441″ (160 mm x 62 mm)|
|Weight||19.4 oz (550 g)|
|Operating Temp||14°F to 122°F (-10°C to +50°C)|
|Approvals||RINA Type Approved|
|Testing||Tested to 1,500 ft (500 m) depth|
|Communications||RS-422, Simplex Single Pair, 2400 Baud|
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Environmental||RoHS, WEEE compliant|