Dunker 6 is a 6G® Wideband®2 Long BaseLine (LBL) and telemetry transceiver specifically designed for vessel deployment. The super duplex stainless steel housing with shock and vibration isolated electronics makes for an extremely rugged dunking system.
Its high power output and Sonardyne Wideband®2 signal processing offers improved operating range and acoustic performance in challenging conditions such as when deployed from noisy vessels or in multipath environments.
The internal LithiumY-ion rechargeable battery pack minimises the supply current for long dunker cables. It also enables relocation of the dunker if the cable is cut.
The robust AGP connector on the Dunker 6 is identical to the ROVNav 6 and HPT USBL for compatibility and to reduce spares.
Dunker 6 is fully compatible with Sonardyne’s modem and logging equipment such as AMT and Fetch products, allowing it to be used to retrieve data or configure logging regimes. It supports all of Sonardyne Wideband®2 spread spectrum acoustic communication.
The Dunker 6 system consists of 100 m of cable on a stainless steel cable drum with brake and locking mechanism. The 10 m deck cable between the 48 V Surface Interface Unit (SIU) and the cable drum allows the drum to be conveniently located. The connection to the cable drum is via an easily replaceable 8-way SubConn.
– High power, long range LBL transceiver
– MF frequency band utilising Sonardyne Wideband®2 ranging and telemetry protocols
– More robust performance in shallow water and reverberant environments around structures etc.
– Real-time diagnostics available on ranges to enable quality control
– Rugged mechanics and connectors
– Shock mounted internal electronics
– Internal Li-ion battery ensures that the transmit Source Level (SL) is maintained during telemetry
– Integrated modem capability for data download from Sonardyne AMT/Fetch products at data rates from 100 to 9000 bits per second
– Omni or directional transducers
– Multi-user friendly