Cl 4 to Cl 7 Torque Adapter
The Cl. 4 to Cl. 7 Torque Adapter is a gearbox for operating API 17H Class 7 interface valves with a Class 4 torque tool or actuator.
The Cl. 4 to Cl. 7 Torque Adapter is a gearbox for operating API 17H Class 7 interface valves with a Class 4 torque tool or actuator. The adapter can be provided with materials suitable for permanent installation subsea.
The gearbox provides 34 kNm output torque with input torque from standard API 17H Class 4, and consists of a housing with integrated planetary gears. An integrated locking mechanism is activated by ROV when lowering the bucket handle to horizontal position. The mechanism extends 2 off latches to engage with valve bucket.
As an option, the adapter can be manufactured with exposed parts in materials suitable for permanent subsea installation. The housing is filled with compensation oil with a dedicated compensator mounted on the side.
- API 17H Class 4 input interface
- API 17H Class 7 output interface
- ROV installable with locking mechanism
Size and Weight
- Size: Ø384 x 748 (575) mm
- Weight in air: 58kg
- Weight in water: 47kg
- Torque output: Cl7 socket
- Locking: Handle operated latches
- Lifiting: ROV handle
- Rated output torque: 34.000 Nm
- Output turns: Multiple
- Depth Rating: 3000 meters
- Design life: Tool/ permanent (25 years)