The Wideband Sub-Mini 6 (WSM6) is Sonardyne’s latest generation of versatile USBL transponders or responders that support WBv2 signals. The WSM6 is designed for positioning ROVs, towfish and other mobile targets in water depths up to 4,000 metres.
The compact and rugged design is based on the field proven WSM mechanics and is available in MF Directional and MF Omni-Directional versions. The latest Sonardyne Wideband®2 signal technology has been incorporated, which offers superior ranging accuracy and fast USBL position updates.
In addition to supporting new Sonardyne Wideband®2 signals, WSM6 also supports WBv1, traditional Sonardyne tone, HPR300 and HPR400 channels. The configuration is programmed via dedicated setup software and a serial link. This allows the WSM6 to be configured for use with all of the popular MF frequency acoustic navigation systems. To aid quick setup and ease of use there are WBv1 and WBv2 quickset channels which configures both the interrogate and reply channels.
The Type 8271 WSM6 is equipped with an Omni-directional transducer and is depth rated to 1,000 metres making it suitable for a wide range of general USBL tracking applications.
The Type 8270 WSM6 is a 4,000 metre rated unit and features a high-power directional transducer with an acoustic output comparable to Sonardyne’s most powerful full size seabed transponders.
Both types of WSM6 have a depth sensor fitted as standard to aid USBL positioning accuracy and an external On/Off switch for ease of use and storage when not in use.
– Incorporates Sonardyne’s 6G® Technology
– Incorporates Sonardyne’s Wideband 2® signal Technology
– Wideband V2 and V1 signals
– Choice of 1,000m or 4,000m depth rating
– Choice of Omni-Directional or Directional beam-shape with class leading acoustic power output
– Channel selection via serial data port by PC
– Transponder or Responder operating modes
– Depth sensor for improved USBL positioning performance
– Long-life NiMH battery
– Compact and rugged design
– Windows based software for test and setup
– External On/Off switch for ease of use and storage