ROVNav 6 is a 6G® Wideband®2 ranging and telemetry Long BaseLine (LBL) and telemetry transceiver specifically designed for installation on work class ROVs.
Its high power output and Sonardyne Wideband®2 signal processing offers improved range and acoustic performance in challenging conditions such as on noisy vehicles or in multipath environments.
ROVNav 6 is also a fully compatible USBL responder or transponder compatible with Sonardyne Wideband® 1 and 2 USBL systems and HPR400. The internal Li-ion rechargeable battery pack also enables emergency transponder mode, so if the umbilical and therefore power is cut to the ROV it can still be located by USBL.
The rugged Omni-directional remote MF transducer makes installation on a ROV easy. ROVNav 6 is designed to be rugged though relatively lightweight and utilises robust underwater connectors. ROVNav 6 supports a range of internal sensors including: strain gauge pressure, direct reading sound velocity, PRT temperature and MEMS based inclinometer.
ROVNav 6 is fully compatible with Sonardyne’s modem and logging equipment such as AMT and Fetch products, allowing it to be used to retrieve data or configure logging regimes. It supports all of Sonardyne’s Wideband®2 spread spectrum acoustic communication; 100 to 9000 bps user data rates can be selected depending on the environment.
Sensor options include a Digiquartz pressure sensor, precision inclinometer and altimeter interface. This provides a fully featured ROV manipulator deployable tool/sensor pack for a range of different applications including metrology, bathy survey and structure deployment operations, without the requirement for any additional interfacing on the ROV.
– High power, long range LBL transceiver
– MF frequency band utilising Sonardyne Wideband®2 ranging and telemetry protocols
– More robust performance in shallow water and reverberant environments around structures etc.
– Real-time diagnostics available on ranges to enable quality control
– USBL compatible responder with emergency transponder mode (Li-ion battery)
– Rugged mechanics and connectors
– Integrated modem capability for data download from Sonardyne AMT/Fetch products at data rates from 100 to 9000 bits per second
– Standard sensors – temperature, pressure, sound velocity and MEMS inclinometer
– 3,000 or 5,000 metre depth rated; 7,000 metre on request
– Field proven